The Diabolo - Back of the string.
handed instructions, click here
When the diabolo is spinning on the string, it is sitting on the "top" of the string.
Moving the diabolo to the "bottom" of the string allows lots of new tricks. This move is
required learning, to keep the string from tangling during more advanced tricks .
Learn to do this move with either hand. You will use this move in lots of future tricks.
For right now, it looks good to repeatedly throw the diabolo from the top of the string
to the bottom, and back to the top.
- Start with the diabolo spinning quickly, and make sure that it is level.
- Begin with a very low throw to the side of your body. If you throw the diabolo too high, it will be coming down so fast that you won't be able to move your arms fast enough to complete the move.
- As soon as the diabolo lifts off of the sting, circle the hand stick around the diabolo, so that the string lands on top of the diabolo's axle.
- Continue the circle with the hand to pull the string back under the diabolo.
- You should end up with your arm crossed under the arm. If you don't cross your arms, the string will be crossed just above the axle.
- To get out, just throw the diabolo up, uncross your arms, and catch it.
A more advanced variation is to catch the diabolo on the bottom of the string on your side, and then throw it immediately to the , again catching it on the bottom of the string.
Click here to continue.
to Main Juggling Page
© 2000 What Goes Up...